Project Summary and Approach
The Palos Verdes Drive East Roadway Rehabilitation Project includes the resurfacing of the roadway, repairing of sidewalk, guardrail, curb, and gutter, trail improvements, vegetation clearance, replacing and updating of signage, and refreshing roadway striping on this arterial street. The limits of this project extend from the intersection of Palos Verdes Drive East at Palos Verdes Drive South to the northern City border with Rolling Hills Estates (just north of the intersection of Palos Verdes Drive East at Conestoga Dr). Project improvements are intended to enhance the safety for all users of the roadway, including motorists, bicyclists, equestrians, and pedestrians.
Construction is underway and expected to last approximately 4 months.
Click here for the overall project schedule¬†
Click here for the project plans
These three public workshops, presented by the Rancho Palos Verdes Traffic Safety Commission and Public Works Department Staff, are intended to help inform the public of the project as well as to gather input from the community. Rancho Palos Verdes residents and any other interested members of the public are encouraged to attend one or both of the remaining workshops as their schedules permit. The first workshop was held on Monday, December 10th, 2012.
- Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 10a.m. at the Point Vicente Interpretive Center (PVIC), 31501 Palos Verdes Drive West, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 7p.m. at Marymount College, Commons Room, 30800 Palos Verdes Drive East, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
- Click here for the PowerPoint presentation given at the workshop on March 13, 2013
- Click here for project map sheet 1 (Updated)
- Click here for project map sheet 2 (Updated)
- Click here for Palos Verdes Drive East at La Vista Verde intersection improvements plan sheet – DRAFT
- Click here for Palos Verdes Drive East at Crownview Dr intersection improvements plan sheet – DRAFT
Frequently Asked Questions
For Further Information
Please feel free to contact the Public Works Department at 310-544-5252 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions. You may also subscribe to the list serve and receive periodic updates on the project status via email by joining the Arterial Roads Rehabilitation Project list server group here.